Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Fantastic Mother's Day

This is coming a little late, but I have to talk about my fantastic Mother's Day. I fed the kids at the pancake breakfast after church, and then had a lobster feast on my deck with the BD (Baby Daddy) and my father-in-law. FIL had brought over five two pound lobsters, potato salad and bread. Then he did the dishes and cleaned my van while BD and I went for a lovely long ride on the motorcycle.

In the evening I made supper for my mom and dad, my godmother, and my brother and sister-in-law and the kids. A little crazy, but very pleasant. We had lobster again plus gluten-free chocolate cake (courtesy my mom) and a gluten-free lemon dessert I made. Yum!

Of course, all of this was planned in advance. What I totally was not expecting was a kobo eReader from BD and the kids! For someone like me, who would spend every waking moment reading if that were possible, a Kobo is the perfect gift.

kobo eReader
I am going to get a nice cover for it so I can keep it with me without worrying that it will get damaged in my purse. How about this leather cover?

  
Kobo eReader Pink Leather Case Folio - Real Leather (Made for official Kobo eReader)
Pink leather kobo case

and this  
Gizmo Dorks Scratch Defender Screen Protector for the Kobo eReader
Gizmo Dorks Scratch Defender

and this looks very handy
Gizmo Dorks Touring Bundle (Pink) for the Kobo eReader
Gizmo Dorks Touring Bundle
It also comes pre-loaded with 100 classics. Right now I am reading Jane Austen's Emma. I love Jane Austen, but somehow I never got around to reading Emma before, and I am loving it.

Update: Popped by Indigo today and picked up this in pink.

Indigo kobo Accessories
There was a great selection in-store, but they are also available online. (I also picked up a new Jillian Michaels' DVD, but more about that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!