Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Never Want to Let You Go

It's Easter "Eve", and I just finished playing the Easter Bunny (Super Fun), and I was about to get into bed, but my two-year old had a rather long and distressing bout of night terrors. When she finally calmed down, finished sobbing and settled into a restful sleep again, I found that I didn't want to put her down. They are little for such a short time, and for various reasons, I know she will be my last.

Parenting involves so much letting go, over and over, and yet, there is nothing we want more than to hang on to our precious babies. I find that what drives me these days is the determination to soak as much of my children's existence into my spirit as possible. I just don't want to miss it.

And as much as I know they will grow into their own beautiful selves, I never want to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!